1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Accountant, this Account Executive role provides support in day-to-day accounting functions such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, General Ledgers, Balance Sheets, bank reconciliations, management reports, year-end financial reporting and tax reporting plus any ad-hoc financial responsibility. Additionally, this role also supports the functions of treasury as required.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Prepare journal entries and complete general ledger operations on a daily basis.
· Month-end payment reconciliation with bank statements.
· Accounts payable reviewing and the invoice generation.
· Accounts Receivable processing.
· Assist with monthly payroll & expense reimbursements to include expense verification and review.
· Assist the Accounting Team with preparing the monthly/quarterly financial reports.
· File documentation according to the company’s document retention policy.
· Account reconciliations and maintain reporting related to accounts and returns activity.
· Assist with year-end closings.
· Prepare tax computations and returns.
· Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences.
· Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
· Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
· Assist with the cash flow by anticipating its incoming cash and outgoing commitments.
· Manage petty case requirement at the terminal on daily basis.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Accuracy in ledger entry
· Accounts payable turnover
· Accounts receivable turnover
· Reportable health and safety incidents
· Positive feedback from fellow employees and customers for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Ability to read and interpret documents & the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and detail oriented.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction correctly.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Proficient with MS Office programs, including Excel spreadsheets – such as use of pivot table, look-up functions, etc.
· Experience in oil and gas industry or fuel distribution terminal
· Experience with Myanmar Financial Reporting Standards (2010 versions of IFRS Standards).
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the internal controls over accounting rules and related local and state codes and regulations, including tax laws.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Degree or Diploma holder in Accounting, Finance, Business or related fields.
· At least 2 years working experience in a similar capacity, preferably in the Oil Terminal or Refinery Industry.