1. JOB SUMMARY
This Accountant role is responsible for preparing the necessary journal entries, balance sheet statements and reconciliations, tax statement, and various other accounting statements and financial reports as well as assisting the Site Finance Manager in variance analysis and the monthly and year-end close. Responsibilities also include assisting in the preparation of the tax statement and year-end audit and the preparation of the year end Consolidated Fiscal Report.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Ensure timely and accurate preparation of all necessary journal entries and prepare all necessary Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss reconciliations/ work papers monthly and at year end in a manner duly compliant with all company, local, and state accounting and financial regulations and codes.
· Maintain fixed assets and associated depreciation schedules.
· Assist in reviewing and analysing the monthly financial statements and reports to interpret budget variances and identify concerns that need to be addressed.
· Assist the management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
· Verify vendor’s invoices and match with purchase order and receiving documents.
· Withhold income taxes, remit and account for appropriate withholdings and prepare annual informative returns as established by company policy.
· Assists with preparation of financial reports and preparation for the execution of financial statement and other audits, assists auditors by interpreting transactions, preparing worksheets, and analysing accounts.
· Perform intercompany accounting including reconciling intercompany billing, receivables and expenses between all entities.
· Assist in the preparation of the annual budget by providing advice, assistance, and guidance on budgeting and related information and conduct analyses and reviews of budget and/or related information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Prepare reconciliation of payable and payroll bank accounts as well as other real and nominal accounts.
· Maintain departmental codes and chart of accounts.
· Work with the Site Finance Manager to research and interpret tax laws to recommend tax strategies and identify tax savings while at the same time prepare financial and income tax statements and file for tax returns.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Reportable health and safety incidents
· People retention
· Recruitment cycle time
· Accuracy in accounting records
· Positive feedback from fellow employees and customers for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Familiar with Myanmar Financial Reporting Standards (2010 versions of IFRS Standards).
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the internal controls over accounting rules and related local and state codes and regulations, including tax laws.
· Ability to read and interpret documents & the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate clearly, both written and orally to employees and management team.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction correctly.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Proficient with MS Office programs
· Experience in oil and gas industry or fuel distribution terminal
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Degree holder in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related fields.
· At least 2 years of recent accounting experience in a similar capacity, preferably in the Oil Terminal or Refinery Industry but not necessary.
· Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)