- Job related experience is preferred
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to work with children.
- Assists students, individually or small group, with art activities.
- Consults with teacher for the purpose of providing feedback on students' progress through observation and daily contact.
- Documents student behavioral and other problems for the purpose of disciplining students and/or reporting incidents.
- Maintains art equipment, work area, students’ files/records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items and/or providing reliable information.
- Monitors students during a variety of activities for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides encouragement to students for the purpose of assisting them in performing art activities.
- Assist teachers in delivering the academic program through the preparation of materials and the fulfillment of clerical tasks as requested.
- Assist in extracurricular activities such as After School Activities, athletic events and special programs as requested by the Principal.
- School hours for assistant teachers are from when the buses arrive at school (approximately 8:00am) until when the buses leave at 4:00 pm.
- Assists other personnel as may be required, and may perform Meal Duty Supervisor.
- University graduate with Art is preferred.
- English language proficient is a must.