Teacher Assistant Responsibilities:
- Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class schedule.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, and on field excursions.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Document student progress and communicate with parents to keep them informed.
- Help lead teachers to create lesson plans.
- Comply with state, school, and class rules and regulations.
- Attend all training classes, parent conferences, and faculty meetings.