BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
- ● Are you good at researching, identifying, assessing, and developing new business opportunities?
- ● Are you good at developing and constructing high-quality pitch decks, concept notes, and proposals?
- ● Are you great at coordination with both internal teams and external partners and donors?
- ● Do you want to support the growth of the tech and social innovation ecosystem in Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,500 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Last year we held over 100 events, including Financial Literacy Hackathon, Data for Change Hackathon, Startup Challenges, Myanmar Digital Rights Forum and Innovation Bus programs.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented professional to serve as its Business Development Associate. The Business Development Associate will identify leads, create opportunities, develop and write high quality concept notes, proposals and pitch decks, as well as help develop partnerships and manage relationships with partners for Phandeeyar to grow and to increase its impact. Your job will be to coordinate in business development and fundraising for Phandeeyar’s programs and to forge the strategic partnerships to support Phandeeyar’s development and expansion. This role will involve lots of research, pitch decks development, concept notes and proposals writing, and interaction with external organizations, as well as close collaboration with the Head of Business Development and Impact, and Business Development Junior Manager and all parts of the Phandeeyar team. It’s a vital role: helping generate the resources to support Phandeeyar’s work.
Key responsibilities include:
- ➤ Help research and identify new leads, generate new opportunities for Phandeeyar’s programs, and develop high-quality pitch decks, fundraising proposals and concept notes to support Phandeeyar’s sustainable growth
- ➤ Help develop and manage leads, opportunities and cultivate relationships with key partners
- ➤ Help develop strategic partnerships with corporate and development partners to support Phandeeyar’s mission
- ➤ Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to display creativity in seeking solutions to problems
- ➤ Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and partners
- ➤ Working closely with Phandeeyar’s Head of Business Development and Impact, and Business Development Junior Manager to help manage and develop the Business Development Unit
- ➤ Supporting other key Phandeeyar’s initiatives as required
Writing skills – You are a great writer and have the ability to write and construct high quality pitch decks, concept notes and proposals in English.
Research skills – You have a good research skill, and are great at spotting and identifying opportunities. You have a keen fundraising sense and know how to evaluate opportunities. You are resourceful, creative and comfortable with uncertainty. Experience raising money (private or public) would be helpful.
Communication skills – You’re an excellent communicator with great written and spoken Myanmar and English. Excellent communication skills are especially important. You should also be able to write clearly and concisely for a wide variety of audiences.
People skills – You’ve got great people skills. You are talented at initiating, building and maintaining relationships. You can work with a wide variety of people. You have presence and can publicly represent Phandeeyar.
Generalist – You need to be comfortable working across a wide range of subjects and disciplines. You’re a quick study, who can rapidly research a topic and then speak and write about it with confidence.
Organizational skills – You’re awesome at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.You are creative at finding ways to come up with solutions.
Sectoral experience – Experience working in or with NGOs/civil society and/or media would be a bonus.
Passion – Phandeeyar is trying to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. It works not just with the tech community, but with change agents such as civil society groups, social enterprises and independent media. You must be excited to generate the resources necessary to support our mission.
- ● Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, you may also be requested to work from home.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● To apply: Interested candidates can submit Phandeeyar Job Application Form through Phandeeyar website. Applications are seen on an ongoing basis.
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.For more information please visit: