- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, B.com, or Finance at least 8-year experience in accounting and finance field
- ACCA Part III is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in chief accountant position.
- Sharp time management skills
- Believer in sustainability with a strong sense of ownership.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus