The Chief Accountant is responsible for overseeing all accounting functions such as ledger accounts, financial statements, and cost control systems. Their focus includes regulatory compliance and practices and collaborating with the SMT to developing financial strategies. Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, B.com, or Finance at least 8-year experience in accounting and finance field
- ACCA Part III is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in chief accountant position.
- Sharp time management skills
- Believer in sustainability with a strong sense of ownership.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus