Duties with own area of responsibility
• Manage the project cash boxes in all applicable currencies & keep accurate records in Funds Pro (WHH
accounting software) cashbook.
• Ensure that cash procedures & documentation is in accordance with Welthungerhilfe internal rules &
• Prepare weekly/bi-weekly cash and bank book exported data and submit the same together with the
scanned vouchers to the field accountants complete and in time
• Prepare at the end of the month cash and bank reconciliations and pending receivable/ payable control
sheet and submit the same to field accountants and/or Head of Projects (HoP) complete and in time
• Conduct regular cash counts and ensure that cash book balances correspond to the cash amounts
• Check documents for validity, completeness and accuracy as well as line of approval before any payment
• Record advance payments to staff members and suppliers and ensure timely follow-up of advance
• Assist and coordinate with Accountants for cash flow planning and cash requirements
• Coordinate and ensure timely bank fund transfers according to cash requests from the Head of Projects
1.1 Professional/ formal qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree and/or LCCI level 2
• Recognised accounting qualification degree (or) other relevant technical field or equivalent education.
• Very good skills in computer operation
1.2 Job-related experience
• At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of financial accounting (preferable with an
• Proficient in the use of MS-Office package
1.3. Language Skills
• Good ccommunication skills (able to handle on his/her own simple correspondence in foreign language,
able to understand and write moderately difficult texts in foreign language, make phone calls,
participate in discussions).
• Competence in spoken and written Burmese
2. Social skills
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and
• Good personal & organisational skills, including time management and ability to meet deadlines and
work under pressure
• Commitment to understand and apply Welthungerhilfe values & principles including the Code of
• Activity based on instruction, scope of action within the assignment.