- Determines the goals of the company or organization devises plans for each phase of the project identifies and procures the resources needed recruits engineering staff performs quality control checks.
- Ensuring the safety and effectiveness or reliability of the system or product evaluates the costs within a specific time frame.
- Supervises the installation of the equipment or the manufacturing process of a product negotiates with team members to generate ideas and clarify specifications delegates tasks as necessary to engineering team resolves disputes between team members
- Responsible for the technical supervision of the development, production or operation of an engineering project for a multinational corporation, a major company or a government institution.
- Keep track of the signal strength of different devices such as television, telephone to provide adequate performance
- Must have prior experience with troubleshooting fiber in an Active and PON environment.
- Must be skilled at working with DWDM and CWDM equipment and testing different wavelengths.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree.A master's degree in engineering is usually preferred.)
- 3 to 5 years in similar position and 8 to 10 years in experience Optical FIber Network and FTTx design and operation.
- Prior fiber troubleshooting experience with an emphasis on CWDM and DWDM gear.
- fiber splicing competency, working on live and dark fiber.
- Mechanically sound and able to problem solve issues.
- Chief engineers play an integral role in the overall success of a project.
- The position entails a four year degree in an engineering specialty required by the company, a minimum of four years of experience in a supervisory role, preferably managing a team of ten or more engineers and an outstanding record of successful projects.
- They must also demonstrate a thorough knowledge of industry codes.
- Experiences and track record in related field is essential.
- Must be willing to travel work extended hours , weekends and holiday