- Determines the goals of the company or organization devises plans for each phase of the project identifies and procures the resources needed recruits engineering staff performs quality control checks.
- Ensuring the safety and effectiveness or reliability of the system or product evaluates the costs within a specific time frame.
- Supervises the installation of the equipment or the manufacturing process of a product negotiates with team members to generate ideas and clarify specifications delegates tasks as necessary to engineering team resolves disputes between team members
- Responsible for the technical supervision of the development, production or operation of an engineering project for a multinational corporation, a major company or a government institution.
- Become a point-of-contact for stakeholder and customer requests in relation to rack, space, power, network infrastructure, and service readiness.
- Position all resources to deliver network infrastructure projects, service orders, repairs, and maintenance tickets on time or within SLA.
- Manage and maintain assets, tools, test equipment, and consumable inventories to position local infrastructure build teams for meeting their objectives.
- Coordinate with Engineering, network planners, acquisition negotiators, and local neutral colocation providers to ensure all fire, security, power, HVAC, and other critical systems are periodically tested and maintained.
- Be the single point of contact for all groups working or requiring network work in assigned metro.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree .A master's degree in engineering is usually preferred.)
- CCIE certificate holder are more preferable.
- 3 to 5 years in similar position and 8 to 10 years in related fields.
- Experience with optical network infrastructure, transmission systems, layer2/3 routers, and data services.
- Chief engineers play an integral role in the overall success of a project.
- Have experience and expertise in TDM Technology and next generation WDM.
- Experience directing field operation technicians, engineers,contractors,and/or vendors in a telco working environment.
- Experience collaboration across multiple levels and functions.
- Passion about engaging/influencing tactical and strategic decision-making.
- The position entails a four year degree in an engineering specialty required by the company, a minimum of four years of experience in a supervisory role, preferably managing a team of ten or more engineers and an outstanding record of successful projects.
- They must also demonstrate a thorough knowledge of industry codes.
- Experiences and track record in related field is essential.
- Must be willing to travel work extended hours , weekends and holiday