Role Title – Chief Finance Officer
Location – Yangon
About KT Group
The KT Group is a private, family-owned and operated diversified business enterprise which was established in the 1950’s. We have grown into a modern Myanmar company that embraces the opportunities for growth but also remembers our deep history and holds respect for the country and her people.
To be a world class organisation nurturing and encouraging the talents of our people who enable us to grow a thriving business committed to building a modern and transparent Myanmar.
What we’re searching for: Due to expansion we are looking for a seasoned Chief Financial Officer to join our senior management team to execute upon and manage all financial matters across the Group. This is an executive level role and we are looking for a true leader who can build, implement and oversee financial processes that enable the Group to flourish whilst developing team members and building long-term sustainability.
What you’ll be doing: As the overall financial strategist for the Group you will be involved on a daily basis in the strategic direction of the Group’s financial projects, assets, financial operations and structure, and will be looked to as a subject matter expert to provide advice, direction and decision making on the legal, financial and strategic implications of any decisions made.
Deal origination and management of deals through to successful completion will be a major part of the CFO’s remit and the Group will be looking for the CFO to identify, propose and drive deals that prosper the Group and allow for further growth.
You will be full responsible for the review, design, and execution on improvements to the Group’s financial systems and controls. Not only will you have the working knowledge and expertise but also the ability to build systems and controls from the ground up controls that are transparent, effective and in line with the direction of the Group.
People will be at the forefront of what you do. As a hands-on leader you will drive the recruitment, deployment and development of new team members in all areas of the finance department with an initial focus on IFRS accounting standard financial statements. You will be expected to have in place succession plans, workforce plans, training and development agenda’s and be reviewing at all the times the performance of your team.
As the Group expands your will adapt to focus on Debt, Fund raising and Deal Structuring enabling the Group to manage it capital and interests in a profitable and sustainable way.
What you’ll need to be successful:
◦ Have a moral compass that never wavers.
◦ Take pride in building your personal brand
◦ Do the right thing, consistently, following through with your commitments, and being trustworthy and honest.
◦ Have the ability to make empathetic, responsible and sound decisions
◦ Be accountable and reliable
◦ Work smart – ask questions, plan and share
◦ Prioritize tasks, multi-task and collaborate with colleagues/stakeholders/client
◦ Be result driven with a winning mindset
◦ Positive attitude. Willingly helps others and considered a culture carrier
◦ Willingness to go the extra mile
◦ Taking others along for the ride; focused on developing those around you
◦ Personal growth mindset – focused on personal development through dedication and hard work
◦ Taking the initiative whenever and wherever you can
In addition to the above:
◦ You will have significant experience as a leader managing financial teams either as a CFO, Finance Director or Finance Controller.
◦ You will have the ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the tax regulatory and legal framework in the jurisdictions that the Group operates.
◦ You will already been responsible for driving the strategy for the overall finance model, people and culture agenda and investment pipeline.
◦ A hands on multi-tasker you will comfortable managing multiple projects with tight deadlines, high standards and within a completive marketplace
◦ You will hold a solid track record in successful deal origination and be able to discuss in detail your involvement and leadership in closing deals
◦ Ideally, you will have gained exposure in one or more of the following sectors: real estate development, port and logistics and energy