Objectives of the Work
The overall objective of this role is to study the current development in Myanmar in addressing
the COVID-19 pandemic and political change and its impact on the people of Myanmar. The
consultant will work few hours a week and will be responsible for carrying out a desk review,
news scan, interviews with key informants to track the changes happening in Myanmar and its
impact on civil society, youth, women and other vulnerable groups in the short and medium
term. The report will also highlight access to legal services and challenges faced by journalist.
Scope of Work, Specific Duties and Responsibilities, Schedule of Work
In consultation with the AAM, the responsibilities under this role will include:
i. Initial mapping of changes that has happened in last 8 months in Myanmar
o Comprehensive review of the existing literature and documents
ii. Monitor the situation in Myanmar till December 2021.
iii. In consultation with AAM, develop the tools and plan for mapping, monitoring and
iv. Weekly reporting and consultation with AAM
• Master’s degree in Political Science, Development Studies, Cultural Studies,
Gender Studies, Anthropology, Law or related fields.
• Minimum 4 years of previous work experience in research particulary on civil
space, youth engagement, legal analysis or in a similar research role in an
academic institution or in an NGO/INGO
• Proven record of conducting research, report writing and/or publications
• Experience in report writing and editing for international development
• Experience in international development work is an asset
• Fluency in English written and spoken.
• Ability to write academic text in English.
• Demonstrate strong written communication, research and analytical and
ability to rapidly integrate information from various sources.
• Excellent existing network of contacts and proven ability to build strong
relationships with various actors.
• Ability to work in track changes in Word and Pdf files.
• Excellent analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
• Excellent writing skills (English)
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to adapt quickly to new working environments, to establish and
maintain good working relations with individuals of diverse backgrounds and
• Strong interpersonal skills, team spirit, innovative and takes initiative
• Technical skills in production, editing, and ability to write quickly, clearly and
concisely in English.
• Ability to deliver on time as committed and be responsive to all
communications from AAM.
• Ability to produce timely and succinct updates