Job Duties and Tasks
1) Develop plans for new water resources and water efficiency programs.
2) Design water distribution systems for potable and non-potable water.
3) Provide technical support for water resource and treatment issues to government agencies.
4) Examine water quality to identify and characterize water pollutant sources.
5) Identify feasibilities for the development of new water resources.
6) Gather and analyze water consumption data to forecast water demand.
7) Submit technical reports related to water resources development and water use efficiency.
8) Design water storage tanks or other water storage facilities.
9) Design water supply system networks.
10) Design water, wastewater lift stations, including water wells.
11) Review and critique proposals, plans, or designs related to water, wastewater treatment systems.
12) Provide technical guidance to all other related engineers.
13) Perform hydrology analyses and mathematical modeling of underground or surface water resources, such as flood plains, ocean coastlines, streams, rivers, or wetlands.
14) Conduct environmental impact studies related to water and wastewater collection, treatment and distribution.
15) Analyze the efficiency of water delivery structures, such as dams, tainter gates, canals, pipes, penstocks, and cofferdams.
16) Analyze and recommend chemical, biological, or other wastewater treatment methods to prepare water for industrial and domestic use.
17) Design pumping systems, pumping stations, pipelines, force mains, sewers for the collection of wastewater.
- B.E/ M.E (Civil), B.Sc. (Geology)
- Experience of project management
- Good attention to detail
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Good teamwork and people management skills, for working with colleagues and clients
- Problem-solving ability
- Good time management skills