About KT Group: The KT Group is a private, family owned and operated diversified business enterprise which was established in the 1950’s. We have grown into a modern Myanmar company that embraces the opportunities for growth but also remembers our deep history and holds respect for the country and her people.
Our Vision: To be a world class organisation nurturing and encouraging the talents of our people who enable us to grow a thriving business committed to building a modern and transparent Myanmar.
What we are searching for: KT Group is seeking a Corporate Governance Officer to develop in-house knowledge and promote the practice of good Corporate Governance in the organization. The Corporate Governance Officer will be responsible for Governance education, research and development of Myanmar Corporate Governance best practices The Corporate Governance Officer will report and be accountable to CEO and Vice Chairman.
What you’ll be doing:
Research and design the framework of corporate governance education roadmap for Directors, C-Suites and Corporate Secretaries.
Develop L&D items such as Directors Handbook, Board Charters, Toolkits and Checklists, etc. to set up and implement in our group in their corporate governance journey.
Includes the processes through which a company’s objectives are set and pursued in the context of the social, regulatory and market environment. It is concerned with practices and procedures for trying to make sure that a company is run in such a way that it achieves its objectives, while ensuring that stakeholders can have confidence that their trust in that company is well founded.
Active participations from partners in corporate governance capacity building for board members and directors.
Coordinate with knowledge partners, the cadre of trainers, technical support partners, regulators and global network to be part of corporate governance circle, keeping abreast with corporate governance issues and ensuring group corporate governance policies are kept up-to- date.
Reviews, researches, interpret, and prepare both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
Drafts, reviews, and approves policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal documents.
Reviews contracts, leases, and other legal documents; researches legal issues and recommends revisions as necessary.
What you’ll need to be successful:
◦ Have a moral compass that never wavers.
◦ Take pride in building your personal brand
◦ Do the right thing, consistently, following through with your commitments, and being trustworthy and honest.
◦ Have the ability to make empathetic, responsible and sound decisions
◦ Be accountable and reliable
◦ Work smart – ask questions, plan and share
◦ Prioritize tasks, multi-task and collaborate with colleagues/stakeholders/client
◦ Be result driven with a winning mindset
◦ Positive attitude. Willingly helps others and considered a culture carrier
◦ Willingness to go the extra mile
◦ Taking others along for the ride; focused on developing those around you
◦ Personal growth mindset – focused on personal development through dedication and hard work
◦ Taking the initiative whenever and wherever you can
In addition to the above:
· Minimum requirement Bachelor Degree, Masters preferred
· Prior managerial experience enough to successfully perform the main responsibilities of the job with supervisory and managing experience.
· Experience in developing framework and processes for Corporate Governance in the private sector
· Knowledge of the range of applicable laws and regulations which impact on all facets of company policy and operations.
to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government.
Knowledge of current and developing legal issues and trends in area of expertise.
· Knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures and the regulatory environment within which they operate. Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships;
· Strong teamwork skills