DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct HTS according to PSI/Myanmar guidelines and protocols - including HIV group counselling,
Mobile HTS whenever applicable
• Conduct counselling sessions with PSI methods and tools – including ART adherence counselling,
psychological support, use of IEC materials, Pamphlets, visual aids (flipcharts) whenever appropriate
• Provide PrEP information to clients and encourage them to practise HIV prevention methods
• Need to provide hormonal information and counselling them for those clients who have a desire to do the
• Support client index case- encourage to client partner testing
• Conduct case management plan with Medical Team (MO, Case Coordinators, Counselor Coordinator,
Senior Operation Officer and Senior Operation Manager)
• Can apply and adopt easily new methods of counselling
• Keep up to date a referral network directory and refer the clients as appropriate (e.g. ART, TB, other
psychosocial issues, etc.)
• Comply with NAP centralize system and accomplish of Referral system
• Conduct to accomplish of cascade care model (Follow the Client by Phone or inform to case coordinators
to follow the client)
• Comply with the counselor’s code of ethics, ensure confidentiality and quality of counseling services
• Participate to counseling training and refreshers
• Work in close collaboration with the medical team (M.O, lab) and case coordinators
• Attend regular clinical meetings and counseling supervision meetings
• Record accurately all the data about the clients
• Collect accurate data for patients file and for MIS reports, as per LPK M&E guidelines.
• Report regularly (frequency to be defined) to the Psychosocial Officer over the phone and one-to-one
meeting during technical onsite visit
• Report regular challenges and constraints to the supervisor.
• Must be a Transgender woman.
• Must have direct experience of TG community work and good understanding of HIV/STI prevention and
hormonal issues for the Transgender Women community
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, interest in aid relationships
• Must be trained in counselling (PSI training as well as NAP trainings), as well as specialized trainings when
relevant (TB screening, TB treatment adherence counselling, ART adherence).