The Credit Analyst is responsible, in some cases even through personal visits, for checking and assessing the capacity of repayment of new and existing loan applicants. Participates in credit committee meetings to enhance the decision making process to extend credit to these clients, and is in charge of developing the credit knowledge and credit skills among the members of the Branch.
- Review and check applications conducted by IL loan officers.
- Ensure data and information is accurate and of acceptable quality.
- Check applicant’s eligibility criteria.
- Conduct site visits at client’s business premises (on a sample basis), to verify the existence of clients and accuracy of the information captured by loan officer.
- Identify and verify outstanding information, and / or discrepancies in loan application
- Establish client Willingness and Capacity-to-Pay, as required in the Credit Process and Credit Evaluation Manual.
- Submit for approval/rejection loan applications to credit committee within approved mandate.
- Participate and facilitate credit analysis workshops and develop case studies.
- Periodically organize presentations on credit analysis of certain types of businesses, to improve the technical knowledge of loan officers.
- Assist to IL Manager in setting quarterly and annually performance targets
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Myanmar national.
- University graduate in finance, economics, accounting or related field.
- Minimum two years of successful working experience in microfinance or banking, with some knowledge and experience in Individual Lending.
- Strong knowledge of microfinance financial analysis, with focus in Individual Lending.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Able to assess character of potential clients.
- Willingness to work in low-income neighborhoods and spend long time in the field.