Internews is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP)candidate for a USAID-funded media support initiative with the general goal of expanding access to information among the general public of Myanmar and supporting sustainable independent media. The DCoP will report to the Chief of Party and provide management leadership on all aspects of program implementation. The DCoP will lead teams to ensure good coordination and communications for the efficient and effective implementation of the program. S/he will oversee the program's day-to-day operations and work in close partnership with the CoP. The position will be based in Yangon, Myanmar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Support the Country Director/COP in the design and implementation of annual work plans and ensure the implementation of those plans working with program teams in Internews and with other key stakeholders.
· Oversee the program's day-to-day operations in close partnership with the Chief of Party.
· Provide management leadership to the program implementation team.
· Lead on grant making decision processes to local NGOs and media organizations.
· Ensure project implementation is in compliance with Internews' policies and procedures as well as USAID rules and regulations.
· Write and revise program reports, communications materials, and other programs.
· Oversee program monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation and to measure program impact.
· Maintain strategic awareness of independent media issues in the country and within the broader region, and a thorough understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing independent media, especially online digital media.
· Ensure the program is in compliance with all cooperative agreement rules, requirements, and regulations, as well as with Internews' internal policies and procedures.
· Represent Internews and coordinate with key stakeholders including USAID, Government, NGOs and media organizations.