1. Accounts Management:
• Assists Finance Manager in maintenance of accounting systems, policies and procedures,
financial controls, accounting standards and record by implementing accounting concepts and
conventions in the organization during practical work.
• Assists Finance Manager in establishing proper accounting and internal controls along with
Director of Operations and Finance.
• Maintains up‐to date books of accounts for the project. Ensures all expenses/financial
transactions are properly coded according to chart of accounts provided by HQ Finance and
• Ensures all vouchers are entered into the accounting package “QuickBooks” (QB‐FARIS) and
2. Cash and Banking
• Maintain banking communication and coordinate with the bank’s relationship manager for
• provision of banking services as necessary.
• Oversee general banking duties including account relations with the project bank,
• correspondences, deposits, transfers, cashing checks, payroll, and staff allowances transfers.
• Prepare Cash Advance request every month for project activities in field office coordinating
with various departments and manager’s including the sub‐awardee/sub‐grantee payments.
• Ensures that all payments are correct, timely, allowable, allocable and in compliance with
USG, local government, donor, and ACDI/VOCA regulations.
• Prepares accounting vouchers (payment and journal) and ensure all support documentation
(Invoices and receipts) are attached.
• Reviews vouchers prepared by the Finance Officer, Field finance/Admin officers.
• Responsible for batch creation into Project bank account online and request for authorization
from COP, Acting COP/other signatories for vendors and ACDI/VOCA staff’s payment
against their invoices and payments.
• Make payment to staffs, vendors, grantees through internet banking and/or going to banks and
submitting Checks and banking remittance forms.
• Ensure staff travel advance/aging summary are reconciled on a monthly regular basis.
2. Payroll and Taxation
• Review timesheets and verify eligibility for payment of leave against leave records.
• Prepare the payroll & benefit calculations at the end of each month and withholds all applicable
• income taxes and provident fund payments.
• Calculate staff personal income tax & issue tax salary certificate to the project staff for their
individual tax return.
• Responsible for monthly advance personal income tax payment and quarterly updating tax
record books. Ensure annual personal income tax is calculated in accordance with updated tax
law & regulations.
• Maintain taxation communication and coordinate with the township tax officer for updates of
personal income tax.
3. Sub‐grant Management:
• Involve in the co-creation with Market Actors as finance lead and conduct analysis of Market
Actor’s financial soundness and suitability for investment.
• Oversees grantee financial compliance. Ensure any grantee payments are supported by
• relevant documents.
• Review and verify the invoices, supporting documentation including milestone deliverable
• reports submitted by sub‐recipient prior to release of any milestone payments
4. Other Tasks
• Assist Finance Manager in responding to all audit sample requests from HQ Accounting and
• Collaborates with external auditors to facilitate planned financial audits.
• Ensures protocols are followed to assist with the safety of staff and property.
• Prepares the monthly financial reports and submit to HQ, ensuring that they follow accounting
standards and ACDI/VOCA and donor requirements.
• Performs other relevant duties and undertakes other projects as may be assigned from time
• Degree in accounting from an accredited institution. ACCA, ICSA, CIMA, CPA or other
recognized professional qualification preferred.
• Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in financial management
working for an international NGO and US‐funded projects.
• Strong knowledge of USAID and host government regulations, source and nationality
waivers, and GAAP. Exposure to and knowledge of tracking of multi‐year, multi‐million‐
USAID program budgets.
• Strong analytical, organizational, research, and problem‐solving skills.
• Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required
documents in a clear, concise, well‐organized manner.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, QuickBooks and other relevant