Duties and Responsibilities;
Program Development, Quality and Reporting
• Identify opportunities for growth and funding, and suggest ideas for developing concept notes and
proposals on HIV prevention activities(MSM,FSW and PWIDs) in Yangon.
• Participate in the development of concept notes and proposals and ensure that the good practices of
the ongoing projects are reflected in the new proposals and concept notes.
• Support the Programme Coordinator in developing a high quality programme through integration,
expansion and growth of existing projects and strengthening links with other sectors as appropriate.
• Provide guidance and support in conducting assessments/ surveys/ research and analyse the data
and prepare the report in coordination with data and M&E team.
Program Leadership and Management
• Lead in the effective implementation of all planned activities in HIV prevention project (MSM,FSW and
PWID) to ensure highest quality in all the aspects of programs, including communications, visibility,
design, monitoring and evaluation.
• Prepare and oversee project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities in
accordance with agreed implementation plans and budgets (for example, monitoring against log
frames, individual performance management work plans).
• Ensure that the project outcomes are in line with the objective of the project as committed to the
donors and to the stakeholders.
• Ensure synergy and cohesion between various projects to meet organizational mission and objectives,
and to scale up good practices and learning from one project/team/region to another.
• Carry out field visit with the purpose of monitoring of the programs as well as to maintain and
strengthen relations with local level stakeholders including partner organizations.
• Promote innovative ideas in project implementation to ensure most cost efficient and effective program
• Coordinate with technical unit to ensure that all statutory M&E processes are carried out on timely
manner for all projects.
• Support all local actors in understanding the projects, ensuring ownership, and sustainability beyond
• Keeps abreast of and navigates the conflict dynamics in target locations.
Finance and Grants Management
• Function as the main budget holder of the HIV prevention project and ensure project budget
responsibility with emphasis on efficient and effective expenditure.
• In coordination with the program and finance staff, ensure that the project budget is planned as per
the project proposal.
• Ensure that budget is managed in line with the approved budget, and that transactions comply with
MAM’s and the donors’ financial and compliance policies.
• Execute work plans and inputs into budget projections and ensure review and documentation on
budget vs actual to monitor spending rate of all the projects.
• Be responsible for supporting the Finance and Grants Department on financial reports from a
• Ensure high-quality narrative reports including annual plan, work plan, monitoring reports, etc. are
submitted timely to donors and major communication with donors are forwarded to Finance and
Grants Department for record
To be successful in this role you must have:
Education : Qualified medical doctor with registration card (SAMA)
Experience : Several years of working experience in program management especially with
HIV/AIDS prevention project.
Computer skills : Computer literate in MS Office Package
Language : Fluent in English and can speak local language.
Specifications : Good attitude, Interest and motivation to work, motivate and flexible to learn
the new things, ability to work independently, provide prompt and accurate
data collection and reporting, ability to work under demanding work
environments, excellent inter- personal skills and no- judgmental attitude
among the team.