Electrical & Instrument Supervisor
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of Maintenance Leader, the Electrical & Instrument Supervisor is in charge of planning and execution of the maintenance and repairs of all Electrical equipment & Instruments at the terminal, including office electrical equipment such as air-conditioning and other related by managing the E&I technicians to fulfil the maintenance requirement in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for the initiation of all Electrical & Instrument maintenance programs and the execution of all repair activities.
· Supervise the implementation of maintenance schedule to deliver safe, reliable equipment and comply with company SSHE regulations.
· Coordinate with the Logistics department to carry out maintenance works.
· Find and select appropriate contractors to carry out either repair or maintenance works.
· Assist the Maintenance Leader to request for quotation for works that require external contractors.
· Keep track of all maintenance work costs and produce yearly estimated Opex for Electrical & Instrument works.
· Troubleshoot Electrical & Instrument failure and ensure timely repairs.
· Identify operational problems and causes of breakdowns and recommend improvement in order to increase the efficiency of the terminal operation.
· Coordinate with the Operations department and contractors for permit to work.
· Co-ordinate the commissioning and decommissioning of the terminal facilities.
· Prioritize repairs works according to the urgency of equipment.
· Recommend and ensure sufficient spares are kept according to the criticality of equipment and expected failure of parts.
· Investigate premature equipment failure.
· Ensure maintenance records are documented and correctly filled in and filed by the Electrical & Instrument Team.
· Plan the terminal preventive maintenance schedule and track and ensure that all preventive maintenance works are completed as per schedule.
· Part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and coordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Carry out the yearly appraisal of subordinates.
· Maintenance spending reduction
· Preventive maintenance compliance
· Safety performance
· Positive feedback from fellow employees for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in preventive and repair maintenance for the tank farm, jetty, office and truck loading bay.
· Knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution systems & various operating equipment: MCCs, transformers, VFDs, AC/DC motors and controls, electronic and pneumatic instrumentation devices.
· Able to communicate effectively in English.
· Knowledge in the electrical code and regulations and related safety procedures.
· Must be familiar with test equipment and power tools used in maintenance processes.
· Ability to identify/predict potential failure scenarios and prevent through effective maintenance management.
· Familiar with explosion-proof equipment (EX).
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively delegate work to accomplish assignments.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Able to analyse problems systematically, organize, and identify underlying causes and generate solutions.
· Knowledge of custody transfer weights, measures and associated devices such as liquid flow meters, tank calibration, and other related measurements, etc.
· Experience developing and implementing maintenance procedures for new equipment and process systems, safety and reliability.
· Knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, and all necessary equipment
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Engineering Diploma or Technical certificate.
· At least 5 years' capacity as an Electrical & Instrument Supervisor (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or 7 years’ experience as an Electrical & Instrument Supervisor.
· Valid electrician license