Role and responsibilities
Environmental, Social and Governance Manager means a manager with the company having the responsibility, among other things, for ensuring proper implementation, operation and maintenance of the ESG system.
The ESG Manager’s primary role is to manage ESG project implementation, monitoring, training and value-add in the company and group. The successful candidate would:
● Regularly monitor group company compliance with the company / shareholder’s ESG requirements and policies, including the implementation of agreed action plans and/or by attendance of ESG sub-committees of boards (as required).
● Contribute to the delivery of ESG training, both for internal investment teams and for investees.
● Mentoring and working with more junior team members.
● Represent the company / shareholders with external stakeholders at responsible investment conferences.
● Work on projects. For instance, external communications on ESG, such as an ESG reporting and case studies highlighting ESG value addition.
Background and skills
● University degree in a relevant discipline, preferably environmental engineering, environmental or social studies; development studies / development finance; or a similar area.
● At least 2-3 years’ work experience in a related field (relevant sector, ESG and / or sustainability etc), preferably within ESG consulting, development finance or private equity / the wider investment industry.
● Experience and demonstrable commitment to our markets.
● Ability to travel for up to 20 days a year, often at short notice.
● Strong communication skills, including report writing (use of PowerPoint and diagrams to present information in a concise format) and oral communication.
● Effective organizational skills.
● The ability to listen and pragmatically identify when compromise is required.
● Highly self-motivated.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent logical reasoning and structure in thought and communications.
● Demonstrated ability to independently manage and priorities a busy and diverse workload with a range of deliverables for a variety of stakeholders.
● Enjoy working as part of a team, collaborating and coordinating where appropriate.
● Good judgement and attention to detail.
● Knowledge of relevant sectors and ESG issues – Required.
● Insight into the challenges associated with implementing ESG improvements in our markets – Required.
● Familiarity with the application of the IFC Performance Standards – Required.
● Familiarity with the Client Protection Principle/SMART Certification Standards-Required.
● Familiarity with the World Bank’s EHS Guidelines and / or similar standards – Desirable.
● Experience analyzing the ESG management systems of companies – Desirable.