Under the direct supervision of the Senior Field Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Field Office, the
incumbent performs the following duties:
- Monitor the situation in the AoR, collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the
- Monitor the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and
monitoring of infrastructure.
- Undertake regular visits to various sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular
attention to vulnerable groups.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Act as interpreter when required.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info, preparing tables, etc.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel
and assisting them during field missions.
- Inform and act on the reports received on persons of concern within the refugee community or from the
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance
to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
- Perform other related duties as required.
4. Minimum Qualifications
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with
Bachelor or equivalent or higher