Support the Field Marketing Manager in leading the Field Marketing team
- Support to train the field colleagues in the Field Marketing way of working & needed processes.
- Coach in the field enhancing the teams' effectiveness.
- Inspill 'sense of urgency' to identify business opportunities - 'stay hungry' (for success) attitude.
- Ensure high-level of energy, motivation & passion among the Field Marketing team.
- Dare to make mistakes and motivate field colleagues to do the same. Take appropriate learning from failure to speed-up learning.
The incumbent regularly is in the field for:
- Program build & deployment: support field work to know precisely how to best support field work.
- Portfolio balance: ensure programs are balanced and meet portfolio strategy & priorities.
- Engage with stakeholders: align & influence key stakeholders such as Sales team, trade partners & distributor sales force
- Insights: collect field insights to optimally support, build & enhance field marketing way of working concepts & processes
In addition, he/she
- Supports ad-hoc initiatives in-line with business priorities.
- Works with central functions to optimize back-office support to the field.
- Support to build compelling reporting’s including commercial KPIs that transparently indicate volume & SOM impact as a base for future steering
- Facilitate data analysis to identify commercial business opportunities & new program ideas
Objectives, budget & internal collaboration
- Ensure program portfolio is suited to achieve national business objectives.
- Support budget Management processes including phasing.
- Understand back-office way of working and gain expert knowledge about available tools & resources that enable & facilitate Field Marketing.
- Know new product launch (NPL) calendar & process, portfolio strategy, brand objectives and consumer segmentation. Know relevant internal stakeholders from various teams.
- Tools / Data
- Leverage all tools & system available to enhance program planning & measurement
- Coach field colleagues about program KPIs and ensure they are installed.
- Facilitate correct interpretation of results.
- Sound project management skills to steer & evaluate numerous work streams across territories
Manage various tasks and projects as they arise and upon manager’s request (If applicable)
- High standard of university degree (required)
- MBA or equivalent educational background (desirable)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in various Marketing & Sales functions. Demonstrated sound project management skills and cross-functional collaboration.
- Fluent English (required), local language (required)
Inspire and motivate the team. Lead by example by engaging cross-functionally with key stakeholders regularly. Build 'sense of urgency' and sustain a positive competitive environment.
Use all data at hand (e.g. Nielsen, TME, Tracker, consumer segmentation, field insights) to identify commercial opportunities and support Field Marketing Executives & Supervisors to build, implement & measure corresponding programs. Understand the 'big picture' and at the same time support in the field to achieve strategic objectives.
Understand in-depth back-office processes & ressources and support the field with data, analysis and project management. Work closely with Field Strategy Manager to ensure availability of resources.
Focus on tangible, commercial results. Always install suitable measurement processes. Focus on sustainable volume driving programs and expansion of stick availability.
Communication / Influence
Natural communicator applying a targeted communication style tailored to stakeholders. Able to achieve results through others.
Support to build convincing presentations with a winning storyline to sell achievements and ask for resources.