Description of Duties
1. Maintain project financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile project expenditures, payments, statements and other data as required.
2. Check all project financial/progress reports, verify the accuracy of calculations and the completeness of supporting documents, initiate correspondence to verify data, answers queries;
3. Prepare travel authorization form for programme staff and input the claims in the system.
4. Calculate and compile cost estimates and projected budget requirements and assist in the preparation of project budget, budget revisions/budget rephrasing.
5. Responsible for procurement process, i.e. project supplies and equipment's. Arrange for control of distribution and establish/maintain appropriate inventory records.
6. Prepare Letters of Agreement, Service contracts and external collaborator contracts for approval of the Office;
7. Check and verify financial reports submitted by the project implementing agencies and/or project partners
8. Provide administrative/logistic support for capacity building, meetings, seminars and/or workshop and prepare and ensure accurate Statement of Expenditures of the events, and also mission of national and international consultants.
9. Organize meetings, programme activities/events and project missions as indicated in the project implementation plan and under the guidance of the Project Coordinator.
10. Prepare routine project correspondence including supporting documents to contracts and reports adhering to ILO requirements.
11. Maintain follow-up system, and draw attention of the supervisor to matters requiring immediate and/or personal attention.
12. Maintain all other project administrative files and official records, directory of contacts and partners, including compilation of documents and different reports produced for the SEA Fisheries Project.
13. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by a finance/ administration diploma
Three to Four years of experience in administrative and finance-related work. Previous work experience in the UN/international organizations will be considered an advantage
Good Command of English and Myanmar
1. Good knowledge of the financial and administrative principles and practices.
2. Good administrative skills to provide administrative support.
3. Knowledge of accounting and finance procedures and ability to maintain financial records and prepare clerical reports and statements accurately.
4. Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the use of filing systems will be considered an advantage.
5. Ability to work Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail) required for work.
6. Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence.
7. Ability to deal with a range of staff and to respond to their queries.
1. Ability to organize own work
2. Ability to take initiatives
3. Ability to work as member of a team
4. Ability to perform under pressure
5. Ability to work and communicate with all colleagues in a courteous and cooperative manner, address visitors and project partners with tact and diplomacy
6. Must demonstrate a high standard of ethical conduct (honesty, integrity and loyalty to the Organization), and a high level of commitment to his/her job,
7. Must demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.