- The functions of the Finance Manager position is to manage funds and financial activities to maximize return on investment while minimizing risk, and while also ensuring that an adequate control structure is in place over the transfer and investment of funds.
- Additionally, responsible for the financial analysis to support the management team in a variety of operational decisions. This job description assumes the latter view of the finance manager position.
- The finance manager to engage in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Create Financial reports (weekly/monthly), Trend analysis, Forecast in Management’s required formats
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the Finance department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Responsible to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its Foreign exchange positions.
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Participate in target costing activities to meet predetermined price goals.
- Assist in the determination of pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
- Oversee the Receivable and Payable Accounts
- Maintain and oversee the company’s insurance policy are in properly in placed and valid
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management.
- Outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets and able to use accounting software
- Good initiative and problem solving skills
- Good managements skill and team player