The Finance Officer is responsible for record keeping of the day to day finance books in accordance with IRC and country office policy and procedures. Specific responsibilities within each functional area are as follows.
• Prepare and maintain cash books ensuring completeness and accuracy of data entry. Ensure that entries are accurate in coding. • Maintain the cash books, controlling access and ensuring data integrity • Prepare and submit mid month and end-of-month cash book entries to Finance Manager (Accounting, System and Treasury) for review.
• Responsible for processing the payments for both Bank and cash transactions. • Ensure completeness of payment documents in compliance to IRC and Donor policies and procedure • Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers. • Update the cash and bank books on daily basis with proper reconciliation of closing balances. • Carry out cash count as per the IRC policy and schedule. Document the cash count sheets for records.
▪ Review PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval ▪ Review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments within limits. • In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports, • Participate and review the monthly/Annual inventory physical checks.
Cash forecasting ▪ Monitor cash usage and requirements and advise the Sr. Finance officer/Finance Coordinator on cash needs. ▪ Work with the field and program staff to help them develop accurate cash forecast and expenditure tracking mechanism.
• University degree in financial management or related field
• Minimum 3 years experience in financial management
• Proven leadership and facilitation skills
• Proven skills and experience in finance
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good computer and typing skills, fluent in Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, use of internet
• Capacity to delegate
• Self-confident/ Self-motivated
• Ability to work with a team and to take initiative
• Flexible, dynamic and able to meet deadlines
• Fair written and spoken language skills in both English and Myanmar. • Good interpersonal skills