This division oversees the financial details of the bank from the micro level (for example, making sure banking transactions are booked
accurately) to the macro level (such as setting budgets for all the departments of the bank). It keeps track of the bank’s finances, overseeing the P&L and balance sheet for everything from individual departments and trading desks to the bank as a whole. It advises senior management on the financial state and performance of all the areas of the bank, as well as on ways to lower costs, manage risk, and increase financial performance. It also forecasts financial performance and budgetary needs, and delivers information to external entities
such as shareholders, creditors, tax authorities, regulatory authorities, and the auditors.
- Preparing regular financial analysis reports to the Management and business units focusing on the bank’s and departmental performance
- Preparing financial forecast and performance information on a timely basis to facilitate the Management and business units in monitoring of their performance and sound business decisions making
- Providing finance supporting function to the bank's business and support divisions
- Preparing financial and regulatory reporting, management reporting & taxation
- Utilize financial tools and modeling to produce portfolio forecasts of the P&L and metrics
- Support, coordinate, and oversee financial planning activates including setting the financial approach/strategy while considering key variables, ensuring consistency in the application of key assumptions, and creating/maintain key financial analysis
- Preparing annual budget in accordance with the Management’s overall business strategy and conducting regular review procedures to keep track of the implementation of the budget and making recommendations on budgetary control
- Forecasting monthly results of operations and variance analysis, and continuously monitoring revenues and expenses and balance sheet fluctuations. Interpreting financial results and proving management with monthly summary.
- Ensuring accuracy of daily general ledger and reconciliations
- Monitoring cash flow and headline banking metrics
- Taking responsibility for the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
- Reengineering processes to streamline the financial activities that will ensure smooth and efficient operation of the Finance division of the bank.
- Improving departmental finance processes and activities and staff efficiency
- Aiding preparation of budgets and projections including detailed variance analysis
- Improving internal control measures, including financial, operational and compliance controls as well as risk management
- Liaising with external auditors and tax advisers by providing required information and financial data
- Reviewing and recommending finance related policies and procedures in accordance with laws, rules and regulations
- Participating in ad hoc projects as required by the management.
- Detailed oriented thinking, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills to work with different functions of the bank
- Ability to work under stressful environment
- Strong analytical, modelling, problem solving and financial reporting skills
- Attentive to details and high level of accuracy
- Strong computer skills especially Microsoft Excel
- Good verbal and written English and Myanmar languages
- At least a good bachelor degree in finance or accounting from a recognized institution is required
- Relevant experience or demonstrate required level of proficiency
- Prior experience in handling full charts of accounts in financial institutions and knowledge/experience in IFRS is preferred
- Proven record of improving complex financial processes and demonstrated ability to automate processes and reporting
- Management and coaching experience
- CPA or ACCA Charter is required
- Practical knowledge in financial analysis and budgeting is preferable
- For entry or mid-level positions, those currently pursing ACCA or CPA will be considered
- Good understanding of various banking products and services.