Role Title – Financial Controller
Location – Yangon
About KT Group
The KT Group is a private, family owned and operated diversified business enterprise which was established in the 1950’s. We have grown into a modern Myanmar company that embraces the opportunities for growth but also remembers our deep history and holds respect for the country and her people.
To be a world class organisation nurturing and encouraging the talents of our people who enable us to grow a thriving business committed to building a modern and transparent Myanmar.
Responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities. Overseeing financial department staff in the day-to-day operations.
Scope of Position:
· Oversee all company accounts and investments
· Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
· Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
· Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
· Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
· Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
· Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
· Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
· Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
· Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
· Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
· Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
· Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
· Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
· Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
Skills and Qualifications
· Relevant experience will be minimum 7-10 years
· Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in a business or finance environment; management experience; leadership skills; interpersonal skills; outstanding mathematical skills; honesty; integrity; reliability; solid written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; organizational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; computer skills; understanding of data privacy standards
· In addition to Bachelor or Masters level degrees, it would be beneficial for the job description to describe candidates who have participated in a CPA (Certified Practicing Accountants) or CA (Chartered Accountants) program. This globally recognized program denotes high professional competency.
· Experience in leading strategic projects and delivering results in cross-departmental teams
· Fluent in English, and preferably another Asian language