About KT Group
The KT Group is a private, family-owned and operated diversified business enterprise which was established in the 1950’s. We have grown into a modern Myanmar company that embraces the opportunities for growth but also remembers our deep history and holds a respect for the country and her people.
To be a world-class organisation nurturing and encouraging the talents of our people who enable us to grow a thriving business committed to building a modern and transparent Myanmar.
We are seeking a General Manager for our terminal business - TMT Port.
You will be an experienced Senior Manager with solid terminal management experience leading the terminal management team and is responsible for driving productivity and profitability of the terminal and fulfilling its commercial obligations in a safe and cost effective manner.
Scope of Position:
- Responsible for all day to day matters relating to the efficient and safe utilization of terminal facilities, equipment and operations manpower to achieve optimum container throughput as efficiently as possible.
- Lead and motivate the terminal management team and all employees to ensure levels of service meet or exceed customers’ expectations and that all departments have a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure proper & thorough pre-planning of all ship side operations, yard operation, Export/Import and delivery operations.
- Responsible for safe, efficient, cost-effective stevedoring operations of containerized and general cargo.
- Ensure compliance with all IMO and regulatory requirements and liaise with Port and Local Authorities in this respect as required.
- Ensure all procurement from the Terminal to be according to procedure in placed and in cost effective manners.
- Liaise and maintain good relationship relevant Government Authorities.
- Liaise with the senior management of Shipping Lines and their Agents to understand their requirements, work closely with them to serve their needs and maintain the good relationship.
- Continually review, benchmark, plan and implement operational strategies to ensure that the Terminal develops and grows profitably.
- Responsible for achieving all budget requirements and recommending investments.
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent verbal communication in English and local languages
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills in English and local language
- Completed transferable skill tertiary education and/or port management course
- Minimum ten years’ experience in port management
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft based programs. Must be able to produce detailed written reports, spread sheets and similar
- Expert knowledge of port operations, security, safety, people management and equipment utilization
- Knowledge of Terminal Operating Systems (TOS), Customs and Shipping Line processes and procedures
- Professional level communication skill with port personnel and external stakeholders at all levels
- Leadership capable to achieve targets and adhere to strict deadlines
- Detail orientated with and ability to identify opportunities and solve complex problems, think strategically and multi-task. Able to lead large and complex teams
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve positive outcomes
- Self-motivated, able to take charge, remain calm in difficult situations
- Able to communicate confidently with executive management and others
- Willingness to work the necessary days, hours and training as required