Role Title – General Manager
Location – Myanmar
About KT Group
The KT Group is a private, family-owned and operated diversified business enterprise which was established in the 1950’s. We have grown into a modern Myanmar company that embraces the opportunities for growth but also remembers our deep history and holds a respect for the country and her people.
To be a world-class organisation nurturing and encouraging the talents of our people who enable us to grow a thriving business committed to building a modern and transparent Myanmar.
We are seeking a General Manager for our logistics business
You will be an experienced Senior Manager with solid logistics management experience overseeing all aspects of a top tier logistics business including, but not limited to, fleet operations and management, warehouse operations and management, sales & marketing and all associated support functions. You will have a strong focus on business development and dedicated to providing a world class service.
Scope of Position:
· Lead the logistics management team and drive productivity and profitability whilst fulfilling any commercial obligations in a safe and cost-effective manner.
· Support and drive the overall sales & marketing plan to increase revenues and market share.
· Responsible for all day to day matters relating to the efficient and safe utilization of terminal facilities, equipment and operations manpower to achieve optimum throughput as efficiently as possible
· Lead and motivate the terminal management team and all employees to ensure levels of service meet or exceed customers’ expectations and that all departments have a focus on continuous improvement.
· Ensure proper & thorough pre-planning of all operations, yard operation, Export/Import and delivery operations.
· Ensure compliance with all associated regulatory requirements and liaise with local authorities as required
· Ensure all procurement to be according to procedure and is cost-effective.
· Liaise with clients and their Agents to understand their requirements, work closely with them to serve their needs and maintain the good relationship.
· Continually review, benchmark, plan and implement operational strategies to ensure that the Terminal develops and grows profitably.
· Responsible for achieving all budget requirements and recommending investments.
· Identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in logistics with the last 5 years in a management position
· Solid business development experience and a focus on the sales aspects of running a logistics business
· Expert knowledge of logistics operations, security, safety, people management and equipment utilization
· Detail orientated with an ability to identify opportunities and solve complex problems.
· Thinks strategically and able to multi-task. Able to lead large and complex teams/projects and provide solutions to complicated business issues.
· Able to evidence a strong health & safety mindset
· Strong in developing the workforce and providing opportunity for development within the organisation
· Competent in producing detailed management information reports that showcase the business in a true light
· Technically literate and knowledgeable with Microsoft programs and associated operating systems
· Self-motivated, able to take charge, remain calm in difficult situations
· Professional level communication skills with logistics personnel, internal & external stakeholders and clients at all levels including:
o Excellent verbal communication in English and local language
o Excellent literacy and numeracy skills in English and local language