Security guard reports to the Supply Chain Assistant, under his-her supervision and will work with the Logistics
and Procurement team to provide necessary assistance.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
a) Responsible for the security of office buildings, guest house premises, equipment and staff.
b) To maintain Visitors Logbook and to manage Visitor Badges for all authorized visitors.
c) To prevent unauthorized persons from entering the DRC compound at all hours.
d) To be alert and active at all times in duty.
e) Report any security incident to the Supply Chain Officer.
a) Assist with the reception of items delivered, movement of equipment, loading and off-loading of general
b) Perform minor repairs as and when required.
c) Maintain DRC compound yard and equipment (ie: motorbikes and vehicles) in order and clean.
d) Assist drivers in parking vehicles inside and around the DRC compound.
e) Responsible for all office compound and outside cleaning.
a) Operate the generator and water pumps at office and guest houses.
b) Record in logbook generators’ running hours.
c) Assist in the maintenance and care of the generator.
*To perform any other duties assigned by Supply Chain Team Leader or his/her direct or indirect supervisors.
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
• At least, grade 9, understanding English is an asset.
• At least 1year relevant work experience in the relevant field preferably working with an NGO.
• Good communication skill
• Understanding of operational context in Rakhine State
• Understanding of humanitarian response principles
• Basic knowledge of English language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation,
abuse and harassment.