The Head of Funding will report to Chief Finance Officer and the Board sub-committee on funding
This Head of Funding will work to secure a strategic debt and equity funding pipeline for Alliance Microfinance to ensure that the institution has sufficient financing to implement its ambitious growth plans.
Ideally based in Mandalay, but work from home (within South East Asia) can also be considered . Frequent international travels .
Responsibilities and Duties:
• In close co-ordination with CEO, CFO and Chair of Alliance Board to build and manage funding pipeline for Alliance Microfinance so that there is at any given time a fully identified pipeline for future 18 months funding needs of the organisation
• To build stronger relationships with existing lenders (banks, international debt funds and development finance institutions)
• Assure smooth Due Diligence processes with international and domestic investors
• Negotiate and close attractive funding terms for Alliance
• Identify new funding sources by attending international and domestic investor conferences and ensure regular follow up
• Meet potential investors together with CEO, CFO and/or Alliance Board members, to enhance awareness about Alliance and generate potential investment interest
• Ideally this will be a fulltime position, but part-time/freelance arrangements could be considered.
• The ideal candidate has an international education at Master level (Finance, banking, business or related)
• Strong English skills both written and oral. Command of Myanmar language (Burmese) is a valuable asset
• Solid Experience in the financial sector including equity and debt instruments ideally at a Microfinance Investment Vehicle (MIV)
• A proven track record in raising financing
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident and a good relationship builder