Duties and Responsibilities
· Execute annual audit plan including financial budget, coordinating efforts with management to avoid any unnecessary cost and duplication of efforts.
· Develop a comprehensive risk-based audit programs to provide audit coverage for the organization
· Verify whether the system designed to comply with organization’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations are actually being followed.
· Evaluate regulatory compliance program in consultation with legal counsel.
· Prepare the summary of mistakes and irregularities identified in the audit reports and inform the branches with suggestions letter to improve the branch activities.
· Manage the audit function independently of management, however, functionally reporting to Audit Committee/ MD the key audit findings and suggestions for improvement to be taken with necessary action.
· Follow-up on next audit, according to the Audit Committee/ MD instructions.
· Ensure that auditing procedures follow international microfinance institutions’ codes and standards Maintain an open line of communication with Managing Director and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and the audit team.
· Review modified or new systems/ policies/ procedures prior to implementation to ensure any internal control deficiencies that might occur and can be corrected a t a time when it is practical to make system changes.
· Establish and maintain professional ties in related professional groups Participate in Board/ Management team meeting, take some part of organization’s internal control and risk management functions.
· Verify the follow-up of recommendations issued by external audits.
· Bachelor’s degree holder in accounting, commerce or related discipline from a recognized university.
· At least 5 years working experience in operation or finance area as management level.
· At least 3 years working experience in auditing as senior level in Micro Finance or Banking industry.
· Deep knowledge and experience in audit techniques, standards and computer processing as senior level in Micro Finance or Banking industry.
· Familiarity with accounting and auditing procedures generally.
· Knowledge of MAS and IFRS accounting concepts and advanced technologies.
· Excellent communication skills for English and Myanmar language.
· Able to travel independently.