1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to oversee Health, Safety and Security policies and measures in South East Area Offices. This includes monitoring the contextual developments, sharing regular updates and reports, develop and implement mitigation measures and support capacity building of staff.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
1. Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
3. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management 4. Ensure proper filing of documents
5. Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
6. Train staff in safety and security and provide regular briefings and updates
7. Develop Training Curriculum and Facilitate staff evacuation in emergency situations
8. Immediately report all breaches of safety and security procedures and all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities or assets
9. Liaise with UN agencies, NGOs and other external actors to gain security information
10. Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition
Assist Area Manager and Safety & Security Coordinator to develop and implement the NRC Security Management System at area level
Review and update NRC security management tools and assessments
Produce, review, implement and monitor a health & safety risk reduction and mitigation plan
Produce and support the implementation of a capacity building plan.
Work closely and support Area Manager and Safety and Security Coordinator on development of local SOPs, SRA, contingency plans, medical evacuation plans and Hibernation Evacuation and Relocation plan (HERP).
Utilize secondary data to produce analyses on context developments and trends
Facilitate daily/weekly/ Monthly reports and all staff briefings.
Any other duties assigned by supervisor
Generic professional competencies:
Experience from working as a relevant security position in a humanitarian/recovery context
Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts/South East is an advantage
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Sufficient English proficiency both written and verbal
Received have Health, Safety and Security related training completion certificate
Graduate with relevant degree (or) equivalent 2 years of working experience assimilar positions at other organizations.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Able to take initiative
Tactful and mature
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Adaptable to various type of environment