These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities
shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
1. Monitor and report on the project activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC
2. Mobilize communities and community leaders for NRC activities
3. Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of activities
4. Report on all ICLA or protection-related concerns
5. Carry out data collection as required
6. Prepare and file relevant documents according to NRC procedures
7. Prepare field reports
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase
of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised
whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
• Implement ICLA activities such as information, counselling, and Focus Group Discussions
• Contact local focal points and contacts to conduct focus group discussions for Protection
• Provide technical advice and ideas for implementation activities
• Undertake technical evaluations of ICLA activities and suggest areas for improvement if
• Draft weekly reports and updates on Protection Monitoring for provision to the ICLA
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
1. Experience from working directly with affected/local communities within an international
or local organization in a humanitarian context.
2. Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
3. Previous experience in Protection-related activities or organizing program activities
4. Some knowledge of IT tools (MS Office package, internet, e-mail, etc.).
5. Some English skills
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience
1. Knowledge of the context in the geographical area of responsibility is desirable but not
2. Knowledge of a local language.
3. Interest in land issues.