The Individual Lending Supervisor directly reports to the Individual Lending Coordinator and coordinates closely with the branch manager. He/she is responsible for all IL activities, including management of all IL loan officers, the smooth running of the IL sales and IL operations at the branch, the implementation and accomplishment of the strategic IL sales plan, and IL portfolio management.
· Ensures growth and quality of the branch loan portfolio of the IL Business Unit.
· Sets monthly IL targets for IL Loan Officers in collaboration with the IL Coordinator, per institutional benchmarks.
· Oversees research and acquisition for new business opportunities at the branch level, in close coordination with IL Coordinator.
· Promotes and represents the branch in community initiatives oriented to increase the IL portfolio.
Supervising IL activities
· Supervises and monitors work performance of IL team at the branch:
· Organize and lead daily morning meetings with IL team.
· Plans and organizes promotional activities, sets and follows up on promotion plan for zones by IL Loan Officers.
· Establishes efficient zoning for IL Loan Officers, in collaboration with the IL Coordinator.
· Assigns and monitors daily work plans (including route planner) for IL Loan Officers.
· Establishes Delinquency Management Plan and provides weekly update of delinquency management activities to Individual Lending Manager (ILM).
· Change management: ensures successful implementation of changes to IL processes and procedures and product introductions at branch level.
· Performs backup duties of the IL Coordinator as needed.
· Presides over and coordinates IL credit committees; takes minutes, decides to approve or reject applications up to approval limit, follows-up on decisions (evaluation and control)
· Approves IL loans up to a certain level, recommend to approve higher amount of IL loans.
· Holds delinquency committees for past-due IL loans to define best solution for problematic cases.
· Provides feedback to supervisor on development of existing and implementation of new IL products and procedures (new products - loans, deposits, etc. - for small businesses).
· Develops proposals for amendments and improvement of credit regulations and procedures for IL products (loans, deposits, etc. for small businesses).
· Leads problem solving with IL team on how to improve IL sales and IL portfolio quality performance.
Control and Evaluation
· Monitors indicators of efficiency, quality and growth of branch IL credit operations through various types of credit statistics.
· Prepares and submit branch IL portfolio reports (goal achievement and portfolio quality) for IL Coordinator.
· Occasional visits to IL loan clients to evaluate work of IL loan officers in terms of compliance with current credit policies and regulations.
· Mitigates and manages risk, frauds and losses in IL in the branch, by ensuring policies and procedures are consistently applied and embedded.
· In collaboration with Human Resources participates in hiring, selection, training and motivation of branch IL staff.
· Ensures that IL supervisees know what their responsibilities, tasks and roles are and how to perform them
· Develops IL employees' skills through training, coaching and supervising: On-the-job coaching of IL employees to improve work performance
Evaluates performance and skills of IL loan officers: Conducts Performance Assessment and Career Development Reviews with direct subordinates following DAWN performance evaluation criteria
Skills and abilities
- Strong sales, marketing and promotional skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to evaluate and assess credit evaluations.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills in local language, some working knowledge in English.
- Adaptable, willing to work extensively in the field.
- Team player.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Computer literacy.
Qualifications & Experience
- Education: graduate in accounting, economics or administrative careers.
- Essential: 1 year experience as an individual loan officer.
- Preferable: Experience managing staff and teams.