1. JOB Purpose
Under the supervision of Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor, the Jetty Senior Technician, acting as the loading master, will primarily be responsible for the safe and efficient product transfer operation to and from the marine jetty by carrying out all operations in the jetty, including operating of equipment such as loading arm, cranes, interface with the vessel or barge, performing the ship shore checklist, safety checks together with the vessel or barge personal and checking loaded or discharged figures.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for all Jetty top activities associated with the loading and unloading of river barges and ocean-going vessel by leading and directing the jetty technicians and mooring crew. This includes the ship/shore communication, the operating of marine loading arm and/or crane for the connection and disconnect of loading arm and/or hoses, routine check and monitoring of loading and unloading operations, and other related as assigned.
· Follow the operation procedure to deliver safe, reliable jetty operations and comply with company regulations.
· Co-ordinate with CCR to ensure all the clients’ requirements and instructions are carried out according to terminal operating procedures and parameters.
· Conduct of dipping of shore tank as and when necessary.
· Check and ensure the terminal’s nomination is the same as the barge or the vessel nomination, in the case of discrepancy, to inform the Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor and await instructions before the start of operations.
· Co-ordinate with Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor for troubleshooting of equipment breakdown.
· Co-ordinate with Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor for figure discrepancy.
· Co-ordinate the commissioning and decommissioning of the terminal facilities.
· Execute the operating instructions by the Improvement Senior Technician or Senior Operations Senior Supervisor.
· Assist in the investigation as and when required.
· Ensure operational records are documented and correctly filled in.
· Provide training and coaching to junior technicians and co-workers and the feedback on performance related as and when required.
· Be part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and coordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in jetty operations, including ullaging of barge or vessel, establishing loaded or unloaded figures.
· Experience in dipping of shore tanks.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Able to analyse problems systematically, organize, and identify underlying causes and generate solutions.
· Independent judgement
· Knowledge of custody transfer weights, measures and associated devices such as liquid flow meters, tank calibration, and other related volume measurement, etc.
· Experience with product transfer jobs in fuel terminal, oil refinery, chemical process plant, and/or have completed an industrial apprenticeship, or certification.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Bachelor or diploma or vocational certificate related mechanical or petroleum engineering
· At least 2 years capacity as a Jetty Technician (or equivalent) handling vessels and barges or 5 years’ experience as a Jetty Technician