Jetty Technician I
1. JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor and under the supervision of Jetty Senior Technician, the Jetty Technician I will carry out all operations in the jetty, including operating of equipment such as loading arm, cranes, interface with the vessel or barge, performing the ship shore checklist, safety checks together with the vessel or barge personal and checking loaded or discharged figures.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for the timely completion of all Jetty activities associated with the product transfer operation to or from the marine jetty, or related activities as may be assigned.
· Follow the operation procedure to deliver safe, reliable operations and comply with company regulations.
· Co-ordinate with CCR to ensure all the clients’ requirements and instructions are carried out according to terminal operating and parameters.
· Conduct Ship Shore Checklist together with the vessel personal.
· Conduct terminal Safety Checklist together with the vessel personal.
· Perform loading arm or hose connection and disconnection.
· Check and ensure the terminals’ nomination is the same as barge or vessel nomination, in the case of discrepancy, to inform the Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor and await instructions before the start of operations.
· Co-ordinate with Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor for troubleshooting of equipment breakdown.
· Co-ordinate with Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor for figure discrepancy.
· Co-ordinate the commissioning and decommissioning of the terminal facilities.
· Execute the operating instructions by the Improvement Senior Technician or Senior Operations Senior Supervisor.
· Assist in coordinating investigation as and when required.
· Ensure operational records are documented and excellent filled in.
· Be part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and co-ordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Reportable health and safety incidents
· Employee turnover
· No. of near miss reporting
· Positive feedback from fellow employees for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in jetty operations, including ullaging of barge or vessel, establishing loaded or unloaded figures.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Knowledge of custody transfer weights, measures and associated devices such as liquid flow meters, tank calibration, and other related volume measurement, etc.
· Experience with product transfer jobs in fuel terminal, oil refinery, chemical process plant, and/or have completed an industrial apprenticeship, or certification.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Technical certificate or High School.
· At least 1 years' capacity as a Jetty Technician.