Purpose of the position
The Network Operation Centre (NOC) have three main roles:
1. To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
2. To provision customer network services on core equipment
3. To provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
These result in a highly diverse range of duties for the NOC - our engineers are required to ensure they are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner. Work very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with and ability to multi-task and priorities work appropriately.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Alarm monitoring, Fault handing, incident report generation for PTN, Core and OLT network.
- Close co-ordination with Transmission and IP Teams related to network/customer issue.
- Co-ordination with Vendor tea, partner teams towards fault rectification
- Co-ordination & support to Field team and Customer Care toward complaint reso;ution
- Configure and reconfigure the FTTH customer basis requests from PM and FO
- Basic level trouble shooting & rectification of network faults
- Timely assignment of the ticket to FO for the repair work
- To Perform the first level of troubleshooting and solve the Complaint Ticket
- To prepare Daily Report and action trackers
Academic and trade qualification
- Must have at least a Bachelor's degree. Prefer to B.C.SC, B.C.Tech, BE (EC,IT)
- CCNA Certified (preferred)
Work experience and skills
- Fresher or 0-1-year network monitoring experience
- Knowledge in IP, PTN and FTTH network infrastructure.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in 24/7 environment
- Proficiency in Power point, Excel and outlook
- Knowledge in NMS tools (Solar Wind, Nagios, Cacti, ZTE NMS, PTN NMS)
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite ( IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP,TFTP)
- IP addresssing & Subnetting, VLSM/CIDR
- Basic Troubleshoot and Maintenance over networking devices ( PTN,OLTs, ONU, Switches, Routers, Wireless AP)
- Proficiency in Power point, Excel and Outlook
Personal qualities and behavioral traits
- Must have a good command of English (both written and spoken)
- Excellent co-ordination and Inter-personal effectiveness
- Capable to work under pressure and to handle high volume smoothly
HTI NOC Manager with ongoing supporting and supervision will train this position.
Performance review period: Every six months
Next review date : -----------------
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list if all job duties,responsibilities and requirements.