Roles and Responsibilities
Planning, Implementation and Budgeting
• Responsible for day-to-day implementation of all livelihood activities across MA-UK
programmes, including developing and adhering to work plans, supporting project,
technical advice/design and implementing partner staff meet project objectives, and
support monitoring livelihood project activities.
• Prepare Quarterly work plans to deliver identified activities.
• Follow up the budget for relevant budget lines.
• Provide real time technical advice to project and partner staff through direct regular
field visits and Technical Working Group (TWG) meetings.
• Ensure beneficiaries are tracked for various livelihood activities and appropriate
documentation / information on beneficiaries is collected and recorded.
• Ensure that MA-UK provides quality services that meet SPHERE, CHS and other
• Supervise and orient new team members as necessary on MA-UK livelihood activities.
• Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive
to achieve excellence.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Work closely with MEAL team on regularly field visits, review complaints and address
the issues, CRFM/accountability and participate in monitoring and evaluation.
• Facilitate the qualitative and quantitative monitoring of the project through team
meetings, focus group, post-assistance visits, regular reporting, and any other
monitoring tools for livelihood activities.
• Provide regular internal reporting to Senior Technical Specialist, using standardized
tools (e.g., project-specific monitoring forms)
• Promote accountability, communicate expectations, and provide constructive feedback
via regular performance reviews.
• Participate in the internal evaluation of the programme.
Analysis, Innovative Thinking & Problem Solving
• Provide strategic direction, technical advice, and overall supervision throughout
implementation of LIV projects in MA-UK project locations.
• Participate in analyses of needs at the community level, assess resources available for
addressing the needs of vulnerable households, and suggest innovative approaches for
filling gaps in livelihood programming.
• Assist with conducting needs assessments for new proposal.