1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Logistics Leader, Logistics Analyst is responsible for the execution of customer ordering process by liaising with the customers and operations group for the planning and scheduling of all product movement in and out of the terminal. These include vessel, barge and truck movements. The Logistic Analyst is also responsible for the vetting of all incoming vessels/ barges/ trucks for its suitability to load or discharge at the berth or truck loading bay.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for planning logistics activities using the TMS system.
· Responsible for keying in of orders from the client into the TMS system and other related as assigned.
· Coordinate with the operations department to ensure all the clients’ requirements and instructions are carried out according to terminal operating procedures and parameters on the ordering process.
· Coordinate with the Client representative and other government agencies such as the Myanmar Port Authority.
· Vetting of the vessel, barge and trucks for suitability to load or discharge at the terminal.
· Take necessary and appropriate actions to interface with the clients when there are operational issues involving high figure variance.
· Together with the Logistics Leader, conduct investigation on the high variance and its reporting on appropriate resolution.
· Ensure records are documented and correctly filled in and filed.
· Ensure orders are correctly executed and timely issued to the operations team.
· Ensure smooth operations of the dispatch room for trucks, minimizing waiting time.
· Taking over the role of the dispatch team when necessary
· Ensure timely updates of stocks to the client.
· Ensure proper planning for vessels, barges, and trucks.
· Part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and coordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Order fulfilment rate
· Order cycle time
· Positive feedback from fellow employees and customers for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
· Ability to read and interpret documents & the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Proficient with MS Office programs
· Experience in oil terminal with vessel, barge, and truck operations
· Experience in Operations, Logistics, and Production Planning, and/or Supply
· Lean Six Sigma experience
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Supply Chain Diploma or certificate.
· At least 3 years' capacity as an Logistics Analyst (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or 5 years’ experience as an Assistant Inventory Analyst
· APICS certification