1. JOB SUMMARY
The Logistics Leader oversees the full cycle of order fulfilment on daily basis, including the ensuring of all orders are fulfilled in accordance with requirement, the keeping of accurate inventory of all product stocks in the terminal, issuing of tickets at the dispatch room and vetting of the vessel, barge and trucks for the suitability to load and discharge at the terminal. This role is also responsible for the scheduling of all product movement in the terminal, the monitoring of proper product handling turnaround times, and ensuring that safety procedures and company policies are adhered to by the Logistics staff.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Direct and control all logistics activities, including daily order fulfilment process, product movement forecast, inventory accuracy and record keeping, month-end adjustment, scheduling, tank capacity management, berth utilization arrangement, and other related processes.
· Lead S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process with various departments to improve service level, efficiency and customer service.
· Supervise the implementation of logistics procedures to deliver safe, reliable operations and comply with company regulations.
· Coordinate with the operations department to ensure all the clients’ requirements and instructions are carried out according to terminal operating procedures and parameters.
· Coordinate with the Client representative and other government agencies such as the Myanmar Port Authority.
· Co-ordinate the shutdown or start-up of the terminal facilities for modification, improvement, or maintenance works.
· Vetting of the vessel, barge and truck for suitability to load at the terminal.
· Take necessary and appropriate actions to interface with the clients when there are operational issues including high figure variance.
· Together with the Operations Team, to conduct investigation and provide timely closeout reporting on high variance stocks with recommendations if available.
· Ensure operational records are documented and correctly filled in and filed by the Logistics Team.
· Audit daily customer order processes and ensure all orders are executed in accordance with requirements.
· Ensure smooth operations of the dispatch room for trucks, minimizing waiting time.
· Ensure timely updates of stocks to the client.
· Ensure proper planning for vessels, barges, and trucks.
· Be part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and coordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Carry out the yearly appraisal of subordinates.
· Provide departmental report on monthly basis or as required by supervisor.
· Inventory Accuracy
· Inventory variance investigation and improvement recommended
· Order fulfilment rate
· Order cycle time
· Berth utilization rate
· Zero Safety incident
· Positive feedback from fellow employees for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Demonstrated ability in coaching, interpersonal communication, and team building
· Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively delegate work to accomplish assignments.
· Ability to communicate effectively in the English language and write routine reports and correspondence.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Able to analyse problems systematically, organize, and identify underlying causes and generate solutions.
· Ability to perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems and to produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
· Proficient with MS Office programs with intermediate Excel knowledge.
· Experience in oil terminal with vessel, barge, and truck operations.
· Lean Six Sigma experience
· Understanding of ERP system process and key system functions related to demand planning, master scheduling and inventory management
· Experience running Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes within oil terminal or oil and gas industry
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Supply Chain Degree or Diploma.
· At least 5 years' capacity as a Logistics Leader (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or 7 years’ experience as a Logistics Analyst.
· APICS certification