Monitor/operate equipment in order to maintain and improve the proper, safe, efficient functionality of facilities assets and the automated facility energy management system. Respond to alarms and other urgent facility situations. Complete all required documentation regarding alarm response. Perform Preventative, Corrective, Predictive and Breakdown Maintenance on equipment (Repair and maintain pumps, evaporators, compressors and motors, steam and hot water boilers) as required. Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems. Install, repair and maintain piping systems. Work under general supervision, reviewed at project milestones and on completion be Engineering Manager.
- Must be proficient on general HVAC equipment and application specific equipment such as liquid and dry desiccant dehumidifiers.
- Experience with large air compressors, building automation systems and fire alarm system is essential.
- Use problem-solving tools to identify root cause for repetitive breakdowns or other losses. Address key issues and educate peers of problems and solutions.
- Lead facilities improvement projects, consisting of scope definition, resource planning, scheduling, implementation, and acceptance, to include coordination of work with vendors/contactors.
- Ensure that all assigned scheduled preventive maintenance tasks are completed.
- Must be able to work safely, use all personal protective equipment as required.
- Requires the ability to use personal computers for document editing, report generation, controller programming, database backups and restorations.
- Order materials as needed for maintenance and repair of equipment or systems
- Perform daily clean up and organization of common maintenance areas as well as facilities equipment areas, including tools and supplies.
- Minimum of Diploma of Mechanical or Electrical (Educational certification from a recognized technical institute preferred)
- Requires the ability to read equipment manuals, HVAC, electrical and plumbing schematics in order to install, maintain and repair electrical and mechanical devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve equipment malfunctions on chillers, pumps, valves, dehumidifiers, air compressors, VAV boxes, and many other types of devices
- Should be proficient in wielding, soldering and brazing.
- Ability to understand interaction of equipment systems and diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic problems.
- Must be knowledge of water treatment technologies.
- Interpret data, identify problems, and formulate proper decisions.
- Express idea clearly (verbal and written) and ability to work from verbal and written instructions, manuals, wiring diagrams, work orders and specification.
- Understanding engineering, scientific and other technical information.
- Strong Problem-solving skills and logical approach.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Team working skills.
- Computer skills.
- Exercise latitude and technical judgment in deciding work methods
- Ability to generate and analyze reports charts and KPI's dealing with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use, maintenance and care of tools, equipment and machinery.
- Demonstrated experiences of working independently and very strong mechanical is required.