SCOPE OF WORK
The Consultants will be responsible for organizational performance improvement of about 15
to 20 partner organizations in line with AFDA designed organizational performance index and
train about 3 - 5 interns to become Professional Business Development Service Providers under
Business Development Professional Services Program. Organizational Capacity Assessment
Reports and Organizational Performance Improvement Plans of selected partners conducted by
AFDA staff will be available to the consultants for reference.
1. Prepare inception report including a plan (activities, timeline, deliverables and participants)
for market research, marketing plan, marketing and sales.
2. Provide technical support (training and coaching) during the Marketing and Sales planning
sessions and in the drafting and finalization of the Marketing and Sales Plan.
3. Closely work with AFDA and the leadership of AFDA partners to develop Marketing Plan
of their companies/enterprises until the production of the finalized Marketing and Sales
4. Develop curriculum for business development services program on market research and
intelligence, Marketing Plan development, marketing and sales including practical training
for interns, providing them actual hands-on facilitation role in marketing and sales planning
sessions and providing after-session feedback.
5. Select, train, mentor and coach Interns to become Professional BDS providers on marketing
6. Develop evaluation/Scoring matrix to assess performance baseline and improvement of
7. Conduct regular evaluation and assessment on the learning and improvement of interns.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS & DELIVERABLES
The technical assistance provision is expected to support about 15 to 20 partner organizations
and train 3 to 5 Interns and proposed deliverables are as follow.
a. This consultancy is open for international and local.
b. University degree in Business Management, Marketing Management or Enterprise
Development related field.
c. At least eight years of experience in providing organizational/business/enterprise
development services with a focus on marketing and sales management specifically to
d. Demonstrated successful outcomes of business development support to enterprises
(including producer groups operating as businesses)
e. Experience facilitating training and providing coaching on Marketing and Sales
planning and development support and drafting Marketing and Sales plan.
a. Master’s degree in business, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, finance or
b. Familiarity with agriculture and agri-enterprise development in Myanmar
c. Experience in enterprise development and/or marketing and sales support to
agribusinesses in countries in Asia including remote technical support.
f. Demonstrated good understanding of and experience working with businesses/enterprises on
gender and cultural sensitivity and inclusiveness.