1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of Mechanical Supervisor, the Mechanical Technician is in charge of the execution of the maintenance and repairs of all mechanical equipment at the terminal, including civil works, both scheduled and unscheduled, in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of mechanical equipment, including the troubleshooting and other related as assigned.
· Follow the maintenance schedule strictly to deliver safe, reliable equipment and comply with company SSHE regulations.
· Coordinate with the Logistics department to carry out maintenance works.
· Recommend improvement to increase the efficiency of the terminal.
· Coordinate with the Operations department and contractors for permit to work.
· Troubleshoot mechanical failure and ensure timely repairs.
· Co-ordinate the commissioning and decommissioning of the mechanical related terminal facilities.
· Prioritize repairs works according to the urgency of equipment.
· Investigate premature equipment failure.
· Ensure maintenance records are documented and correctly filled in and filed.
· Perform housekeeping and ensure the work area is neat and clean at all times.
· Be part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and coordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Timely and accurate execution of PPM according to Mis
· Improvement suggestions on electrical related
· No. of near miss reporting
· Positive feedback from fellow employees for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in preventive and repair maintenance for the tank farm, jetty, office and truck loading bay.
· Familiar with explosion-proof equipment (EX).
· Ability to use mechanical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.)
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Experience with mechanical maintenance jobs in an oil refinery, chemical process plant, electric utility or electrical distribution equipment and/or have completed an industrial apprenticeship, certification, or associate degree program.
· Ability to read mechanical drawings, P&ID and blueprints.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Technical Certificate or High School.
· At least 2 years' capacity as an Electrical Technician (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or related.
· Welder’s certificate