The growing complexity of the DRC operating environment in Myanmar makes the cross-functional Programme quality tasks increasingly important to be able to ensure the quality of our programming, upholding accountability to all our stakeholders, especially to the people we reach as well as documenting.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:4 years
Overall purpose of the role:
The growing complexity of the DRC operating environment in Myanmar makes the cross-functional Programme quality tasks increasingly important to be able to ensure the quality of our programming, upholding accountability to all our stakeholders especially to the people we reach as well as documenting lessons learned and using them to improve our programmes. The post holder is expected to rove and support both Northern Shan and Kachin state teams.
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise all day-to-day MEAL activities in Kachin and Northern Shan States
- Provide technical support to MEAL and program staff, including developing logframes, advise on sampling strategies and survey plans, support data analysis and write and review reports
- Lead and present data and reports to program teams in line with adaptive management strategies
- Build capacity of the MEAL and program staff and DRC Implementing partners
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Lead major assessments (baseline, endline, impact, etc.) from planning to reporting
- Provide technical support to the MEAL team leaders, including survey planning, developing tools, data analysis, and data management
- Develop indicators and logframes for proposals/grants
- Oversee the tracking of achievements and indicators for projects/programs
- Review and provide quality checking for donor reports
- Provide technical support to program managers in terms of program design and MEAL activities associated with program activities and emergency rapid needs assessments
- With support from the MEAL Manager, oversee and supervise external evaluations and consultants
- Ensure that all MEAL documents and data are archived in the shared, secured drive
- Enforce data security policies and assist MEAL Manager in revising and finalizing strategic documents (MEAL standards for beneficiary counting, assessments in emergencies, etc.)
- Ensure all MEAL staff and relevant program staff are using centralized IM systems for data management
- Oversee data quality assurance activities, including data auditing and field visits
- At least 50% travel to field offices (Bhamo, Lashio, Namkhan)
- Support project implementation team in the Set-up and management of community response mechanisms program, and fulfil the role of the Accountability Focal Point
- Supervise CRM Officer and all CRM activities
- Liaise with CRM Coordinator on CRM activities
- Ensure that CRM system is being used correctly by staff on the ground, and enforce CRM guidelines that have been established
Learning and project quality
- Plan and lead lessons learned workshops (including presenting results of assessments to program managers and program staff and DRC partners)
- Plan and lead data review workshops (including presenting data analyses to program managers and other program staff and DRC partners)
- Provide regular data reports to program managers, SMT, sector coordinators and consortium partners.
- Provide technical support to partners, including developing tools, logframes, data analysis, planning, and reporting writing.
- Provide trainings and regular coaching as needed for MEAL staff on various MEAL topics (data analysis, tools development, etc.)
- Coordinate monthly MEAL meetings with MEAL staff to exchange information and lessons learned
Management and Coordination
- Manage budgets for MEAL staff and activities (including internal financial reports, financial planning, and staff allocations)
- Coordinate with partners to provide technical support
- Coordinate with program managers on all MEAL activities, budgets, proposals, reports, and data reviews
- Supervise MEAL Team Leaders in Kachin and Northern Shan state offices
- Provide input and assist MEAL Manager in Global reporting
- Participate in donor meetings, grants kick-off and closing meetings
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 3-5 years’ experience in humanitarian-related project or programming M&E focussing on managing data collection, cleaning, aggregation, analysis and reporting
- Proven experience conducting research with both quantitative, qualitative methodologies and analysis skills.
- Proven record of networking and relationship building skills at the state level including capacity building of partners on monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience working in community participation and accountability activities.
- Experience in developing capacity of staff and the ability to speak with confidence and clarity
- Ability to write clear and concise project reports for management decision making.
- Experience managing large databases with multiple data sets for research and development projects
- Able to work harmoniously in cross cultural environment
- Effective team player and experience in delivering results on time.
- Fluency in local language (Myanmar). Fluency in other local ethinc languages (Kachin and Shan State ethinc groups) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, international development or equivalent social sciences experience
- Training on any of the main Statistic packages – Excel, IBM SPSS, STATA.
- Training in Research Monitoring and Evaluation in the development context.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.