· Direct sales activity for the Sales Team, on a national level.
· Set and monitor sales targets for sales managers.
· Establish and maintain effective employee working relations both within the department and with other departments.
· Attend selected trade functions, i.e. trade shows and meetings to promote sales and image for the Company.
· Analyze and review market changes and implement programs with the Sales Team to meet changes, i.e. changes to the consumers segment, inflation, or competitor initiatives.
· Maintain close relationships with all key decision-makers both in local and international markets
· Regularly entertain major clients of the Company
· Maintain a high level of exposure for the Company in the major marketing areas through direct sales solicitation, telephone and written communications
· Ensure up-to-date Company, SBUs and Brand profiles.
· To be responsible for executing the annual training plan for the Sales Team and to ensure that all members of the Sales Team have completed the necessary training program.
· Explore new markets and potential accounts for follow-up by Sales Team.
· Pay regular visits to all major/key accounts.
· Work closely with the General Manager to ensure that the measurable results targets are achieved.
· Analyze and evaluate production with Sales Team and implement sales action plans.
· Evaluate and recommend strategic plan on how to address changing market conditions, including trends on the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone, reading material and interaction with direct competitors.
· Implement all sales action plans in the Sales Plan.
· Propose and initiate when approved, new services and products for our consumers.
· Conducts regular Marketplace/Sectors analysis.
· Create ongoing activities that promote the Company and its products.
· Learns from customers what the competitors are doing to promote their products.
· Stay up to date with the industry trends through; reads industry publications, visits industry websites and attends conventions, conferences and trade shows.
· Brand development, advertising, promotions, social media, public relations and sales, marketing research, analysis and planning, with advertising, PR, promotions and sales.
· Make sales calls and expand market share.
· Develops annual sales strategies for a Company, including the SBUs and the different Brand portfolios; this includes setting sales goals.
· Liaise with Marketing departments to set and implement strategies for new products.
· Stay up-to-date with internal and external developments and suggest new ways to increase sales.
· Identify and attract prospective strategic customers
· Ensure brand consistency
· Negotiate contracts
· Collect and analyze sales data and trends
· Hires and fires salespeople, trains, assigns specific territories/areas, sets quotas and monitors activities.
· Sets and recommends compensation levels, sales commission and bonus structures and creates contests to motivate the sales staff.
· To follow up sales activities with clients & potential clients.
· Preferably a university degree or college diploma in Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field is required. Preferable but not deciding factor.
· Minimum of 3 years in a similar role with experience in the alcohol/beer market, experience dealing with HORECA would be advantageous.
· Prior experience developing budgets, forecasting, goal setting and implementing sales strategy is required.
· Previous experience in sales in the tourism/hospitality industry is required.
· Knowledge of the product and competitive environment is required.
· Proof of previous sales success.
· Proven work experience as a National Key Account Manager.
· Solid experience in sales and customer service.
· Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting clients requirements.
· In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics.
· Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Excel.
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Ability to lead and motivate team members.
· Availability to travel as needed.
· BSc degree in Business, Business Administration, Management or relevant field.