The volunteer will take an active role in the day-to-day implementation, follow-up and monitoring of MHPSS
capacity development plan, including training, coaching and supervision visits. In the beginning, the
volunteer will shadow the International MHPSS Technical Officer, but eventually, the volunteer will take a
leading role in ensuring systematic capacity building and supervision is in place and implemented at the
partners’ offices/facilities. The volunteer is expected to closely work together with partners in organizing
PSS sessions at Women and Girls safe spaces on daily basis. The volunteer will also support organization of
MHPSS Peer Support Network (PSN), and will co-chair the PSN sessions with UNFPA staff after certain
Development of IEC Materials:
S/he will contribute to the design and implementation of behaviour change communication campaigns by
providing inputs to and implementing specific and targeted IEC/BCC interventions on gender equality and
women’s empowerment issues, also increasing the community awareness in term of MHPSS in culturally
Partnerships and Coordination:
The volunteer will do mapping and develop partnerships at the local level to strengthen opportunities and
visibility for individuals and communities engaged in the project. S/he will establish functional linkages with
development partners and government line agencies working in relevant areas. S/he will support smooth
implementation of coordination activities among MHPSS actors. S/he will attend/engage with coordination
mechanisms to ensure effective coordination of partners on MHPSS.
Skills and experiences require:
• Bachelor’s degree in development studies, gender and development, public health, social work,
psychology or other related fields.
• At least three years’ experience working on gender/GBV, social work, psychosocial support,
humanitarian response or community development issues.
• A sound understanding of gender and gender-based violence in Myanmar context, as well as a good
understanding of the stakeholder landscape at the local level.
• Extensive experience in training on topics related to the project, and providing technical assistance
to local stakeholders.
• Fluent Myanmar, relevant local languages as well as excellent spoken and written English are
• Knowledge of potential partners in GBV/MHPSS