Tasks and Responsibilities
• Take vital sign and sort patients depending on degree of severity and refer in the clinic consultations
urgently if needed.
• Collect blood samples and other samples for HIV, STI and OIs when necessary and record.
• Supervise sputum collection of TB suspected patients
• Perform injections in phlebotomy if needed.
• To conduct STI visits and manage syndromic STI complaints during outreach activities.
• Collect smears and samples for oral, urethral, and vaginal areas based on medical doctor’s request
• Inform line manager and medical doctors on the patient constraints and give inputs for solution
• Maintain clinic hygiene and equipment standards to a high level in accordance with best practise.
• Prepare and participate in medical activities of mobile, DDTH and prison according to work schedule.
• Ensure that universal precautions and safety measures are in place, in collaboration with the prevention
• Assist medical doctor and team when necessary
• Conduct health sessions when requested
• Systematically arrange or keep the patients’ medical records in proper places and deliver specific files to
data clerk for completing patient’s data information.
• Ensure that patients are properly received and understand the Clinic flow and support them to reach
their specified rooms
• Participate in the clinic-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and
its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories) if needed
• Validate the investigation vouchers and support the finance for payment of outside lab investigations
DATA AND REPORTING
• File all medical records on regular basis and manage patient charts in proper way.
• Fill lab results, CXR and USG results.
• Enter the data (HTC/Hep B and C, RPR, any relevant medical data) regularly
• Report HTC/RPR data monthly and cross check with data clerk and lab technician to ensure quality
• Collect and report HTC and STI mobile data to the medical doctor.
• Collect Patient Data during outreach visit
• Participate at HIV testing services follow up tracking system.
METHADONE MAINTENANCE THERAPY
• Ensure daily dispensing of methadone for client based on medical prescription and record it daily in the
Daily Methadone Utilization Book.
• Ensure counselling session and consent for new MMT client.
• Refer the new MMT clients to DIC for proper testing and medical care.
• Lead and participate in Support Group for MMT clients.
• Monthly recording methadone data (WHO data and MDM methadone key).
• Ensure stock follow up (Juice, Sugar, Tissue, dispensing/Prescription book, different forms)
• Prepare methadone card for MMT client.
• Methadone follow up with community workers on client with poor adherence.
• Participate in the medical meeting and program staff meetings.
• Promote a friendly, non-judgemental and professional approach and respects the rights and the
confidentiality of all patients
• Close collaboration with clinical staff and lab staff to ensure optimal coordination between Lab and
• Participate in training components of inside as well as outside MdM when in need.
• Essential recognized nurse degree/ diploma in nursing
• At least 1 years’ experience of working as a nurse, preferably in the field of HIV
• Experience working with humanitarian organization (INGOs) is an asset
• Intermediate level of English desirable
• Good computer skill especially MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Team Spirit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Non-judgmental attitude towards target population
- Strong commitment to care of patients and general customer service