1. JOB PURPOSE
The Operations Senior Supervisor is the overall in charge of the operations team and is to plan, manage, and ensure Safe and Reliable operations in the Terminal at all times. He is to ensure operational activities are performed following operations procedures, SSHEQ (Safety, Security, Health, Environment, and Quality) standards, comply with government rules and regulations and meet customers’ requirements and expectations.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for managing day-to-day operations of the terminal.
· Communicate effectively with operations team and customers (if required) to ensure the fulfilment of performance and quality requirements.
· Responsibly operate the terminal and meeting all health, safety, security and environmental regulations and other requirements.
· Ensure staff are trained in their job and to plan for staff career development to achieve a highly motivated and self-empowered team.
· Ensure all operations staff to adhere to the terminal’s safety rules and regulations and taking appropriate actions against non-compliance.
· To regularly update the Operating Procedures, ensure all personnel are fully trained and in compliance with the SSHE standards and have zero tolerance of non-compliance to safety standards.
· Interpret local regulations and relevant standards and make a reasonable and practical recommendation to the terminal manager to ensure compliance.
· Communicate and work with local regulatory bodies and others to ensure PSW is in full compliance to operate as a Bulk Liquid Terminal in Myanmar.
· Ensure relevant information is passed down to all reporting staff in a timely fashion.
· Prepare and meet the annual budget of Operating and Capital Expenditure.
· Report, monitor, and achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Review staff performance criteria periodically and conduct the yearly review with staff.
· To be available 24/7 to attend to operations matter and request.
· Taking on additional tasks or responsibilities when required.
· Complying with the Terminal Management System.
· Recommend and encourage staff to suggest practical improvement plans either to improve the efficiency and safety of the terminal or reduce the operating cost.
· Ensure focus on enhancing customer satisfaction is maintained.
· Oversee planning of operations manpower to ensure minimum disruption to daily operations.
· Oversee daily product movement in the terminal.
· Report and investigate any abnormal product loss.
· Oversee preventive maintenance and repairs under the scope of the operation and ensure timely completion.
· Management of third party contractors.
· Plan, prepare, and monitor terminal’s commissioning and de-commissioning work.
· Ensure the availability of operational spares at all times.
· Act as the terminal Site Incident Commander or Site Main Controller in the event of an incident.
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in CCR, Tank Farm, Truck Loading Bays, and Jetty loading and unloading operations where the terminal is operated via Distributed Control System (DCS).
· Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
· Ability to communicate effectively in the English language and write routine reports and correspondence.
· Knowledge of custody transfer weights, measures and associated devices such as liquid flow meters, tank calibration, and other related volume measurement, etc.
· Must have strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments, be versatile and able to handle multiple priorities and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure.
· Knowledge of applicable codes, regulations and standards, such as OSHA and process safety related.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively delegate work to accomplish assignments.
· Must be proactive, detailed and results oriented, sense of urgency, able to set priorities and excellent follow-up.
· Motivational leadership style that will foster and develop a highly reliable workforce and be willing to contribute to the company’s goals that may be outside the “job description”.
· Ability to recognize problem/issues and develop effective solutions, requires independent judgment/decision making within areas of responsibility
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Engineering Degree .
· At least 5 years' capacity as a Senior Operations Supervisor (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or 7 years’ experience as Improvement Supervisor (or equivalent).
· Certified Confined Space Safety Assessor
· Certified Working at Height Supervisor
· Holder of Port Facility Security Officer certificate
· Certified Oil and Petrochemical Safety Supervisor
· Passed Site Incident Commander course